Excitement happens in Manotick! Browse our collection of photos from the many events that happen in Manotick, Ontario.
Manotick - Objibway for “Island in the River”. The name was given to the town in 1859 by its founder Moss Kent Dickinson. Dickinson and his partner Joseph Currier obtained the water rights to the water following the construction of the bulkhead and the dam. The partners built the mill and complex, purchased much of the adjoining land and established the village of Manotick. For many years Manotick Main Street was the original Highway 16, the main route from Ottawa to Prescott. The paving of the highway and the arrival of hydro in the 1920s was a memorable period in the Manotick’s history. Manotick saw significant growth resume in the 1950’s, when improved road transportation and the expanding Ottawa-Carleton metropolitan population led to the residential/commercial prosperity of the present day. We invite you to visit Manotick, Ontario where individual service is a reality and customers really do matter.
Manotick Business Improvement Area
P.O. Box 414 Manotick, Ontario,
Canada K4M 1A4